Loss Prevention SpecialistLocation: Norman, OK (2300 W. Main)
As a Loss Prevention Specialist for Hastings, you will support the operation of your store by maintaining and monitoring store safety, security, and modeling the Hastings brand by using good judgment in your decisions and actions, and identifying and applying various Loss Prevention techniques to control potential or actual losses.
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Integrity and Trust
- Problem Solving
- Timely Decision Making
- Priority Setting
- Conflict Management
- Ethics and Values
Provide a welcoming and safe shopping experience for customers by maintaining building security and general store safety including proactively greeting customers and welcoming them to Hastings.
- Monitors merchandise entering and leaving the store entrances/exits
- Observes shoppers; conducts interviews of persons apprehended for shoplifting and fraud in accordance with local laws and Company policy. Also is responsible for developing a partnership with local law enforcement agencies.
- Anticipates shrinkage trends and improves both merchandise and rental shrinkage in stores.
- Provides training, coaching, counseling on store processes and procedures.
- Works with Store Manager to ensure that all loss prevention related corporate policies and procedures are followed and action plans are being executed
- Partners with District Loss Prevention Manager to ensure stores meets company shrinkage goals
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum one year retail experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Aptitude for investigative research
- Computer and CCTV experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time