Attendant, Assisted LivingLocation: Webster, NY (Sage Harbor at Baywinde (100 Kidd Castle Way))
Position Summary: Provides assistance to residents in the Assisted Living Program with their activities of daily living, enabling them to lead a quality life while maintaining their dignity. This position reports to the Assisted Living Director.
- Provides assistance as needed with medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort
- service, and other activities of daily living.
- Follows the schedule of resident’s needs set out by supervisor.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents.
- Documents daily log of assistance.
- Informs supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
- Respect and encourage the independence and dignity of the residents.
- Respects residents’ confidentiality.
- Is familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- May require a CNA or CHHA licensure
This position requires time spent on the following physical activities:
None <1/3 1/3-2/3 >2/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel |______|______|______|__x___|
Reach with hands and arms |______|______|______|__x___|
Climb or balance |___x__|______|______|______|
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl |______|__x___|______|______|
Talk or hear |______|______|______|__x___|
Taste or smell |______|__x___|______|______|
This position requires time spent lifting weight or exerting force in the following
None <1/3 1/3-2/3 >2/3
Up to 10 pounds |______|______|__ x __|______|
Up to 25 pounds |______|______|__ x __|______|
Up to 50 pounds |______|______|__ x __|______|
Up to 100 pounds |______|______|__ x __|______|
More than 100 pounds |______|______|__ x __|______|