Operations SupervisorLocation: Walpole, NH (32 Ames Plaza Lane)
Under the direction of the Store Management, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for the control of cash related media, receiving, and inventory control paperwork, and the overall operational efficiency of the store’s office. Administrative duties include; HR record keeping, new hire orientations, and follow up on corporate directives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protection of company assets
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of HR, financial, and other proprietary company documents
- Work in conjunction with the Regional Field Team to ensure all associates are trained according to company standards and recorded on the Training Matrix
- Ensure that Operations office is kept in standard working order; all files are set to company standards, and work area is clean, organized and audit ready at all times
- Timely completion of all office generated paperwork, demonstrating the appropriate amount of urgency with all deadlines
- Preparation and accurate recording of all media, register checkouts, and deposits
- Preparation of payroll and participation in associate scheduling
- Maintain updates to the item price file
- Compliance with cash handling, receiving, safety and maintenance procedures
- Timely communication to management of all corporate, associate and customer issues
- Support Front End operations as needed
- Ensuring all OSJL customers receive the best possible service on the sales floor and at the point of sale
- Ensure that all warehouse and vendor merchandise returns are shipped according to schedule and inventory adjustments are entered into systems on a timely basis
- Manage daily incoming and outgoing communication (dissemination and retrieval) to the home office, regional office, and others as needed.
- Ensure that Damaged Merchandise information is handled daily as per procedure.
- Other duties as assigned by the Store Manager
Qualified applicant must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation. Qualified applicant must be able to set and operate a ticket gun, cut case merchandise, count money, lift merchandise weighing up to 35 pounds, sign merchandise, display product on shelves and on the sales floor up to 6 feet, and climb up and down ladders. Qualified applicant also must offer flexibility in scheduling to meet business needs. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform these duties.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one-year retail store or similar experience in handling cash and office procedures
- Previous cash audit/statistical experience helpful.
- Previous supervisory experience helpful.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Organizational efficiency with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic keyboard skills, some knowledge of MS Office applications preferred
- Ability to perform job functions with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Must be able to speak and comprehend English. Secondary language a plus