Sales AssociateLocation: Dedham, MA (100 Providence Highway)
Under the direction of store management, the Sales Associate performs a range of duties to meet the needs of customers and the business. These duties include performing sales transactions and assisting customers on the sales floor. The Sales Associate also works as part of the store team to merchandise and maintain the sales and stock room areas according to company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protection of company assets
- Ensuring all OSJL customers receive the best possible service on the sales floor and at the point of sale
- Proper handling of all transactions and corresponding documentation.
- Maintaining OSJL merchandising standards for all assigned areas
- Timely communication to store management of any issues
- Proper attention to safety issues
- Other duties as required
Qualified applicant must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation. Qualified applicant must be able to set and operate a ticket gun, cut case merchandise, count money, lift merchandise weighing up to 35 pounds, sign merchandise, display product on shelves and on the sales floor up to 6 feet, and climb up and down ladders. Constant standing, walking, bending, and stooping are required throughout the shift. Qualified applicant also must offer flexibility in scheduling to meet business needs. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform these duties.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Prior retail customer service and/or cashiering experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with an appropriate level of urgency
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work productively in a team environment
- Must be able to speak and comprehend English. Secondary language a plus