QA TECHNICIAN - AK SHORELocation: Naknek, AK (North Naknek Plant)
Conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of production processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties:
- Conducts standardized tests on products and materials to ensure compliance with internal standards, customer specifications and international, federal and state regulations.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with HACCP standards and company policies and procedures.
- Records test data such as weights, temperatures, moisture content, qualities and quantities inspected or graded.
- Applies proper acceptance/rejection criteria and marks items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
- Audits production facility and reviews employee behavior for proper sanitation.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to Production/QA Management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities to production.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company, government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- At some locations:May perform weekly pest control and document findings.
- Serves as the facility resource for all regulatory functions.
- Proficient in testing methodology, theory and interpretation relating to various lab and scientific disciplines.
- Identifies work related problems and recommends effective solutions as appropriate.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Experience in Food Production environment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and able to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must be able to climb or descend one or more set of steep stairs or vertical ladders both inside or outside in all weather conditions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception. May be required to distinguish shades of color to identify abnormalities and/or defects in food products.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal and customer service skills. The employee will occasionally perform basic math and read, speak and write English. The employee will frequently need to understand English.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran