MACHINISTLocation: Naknek, AK (North Naknek Plant)
Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Operates welding equipment to cut or weld parts.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Understand and able to implement safe work procedures.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Licensed fabricator in at least one competency
Minimum of 2 years experience using general machinist competencies, including but not limited to millwork, lathing, PLC’s, etc.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Mental Activities: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to understand English, and utilize teamwork skills. The employee is frequently required to speak English, and use decision making skills. The employee is occasionally required to use interpersonal, customer service, mentoring, problem analysis, training and supervision skills. The employee will be occasionally required to read and write English, perform basic math, use exercise independent judgment, and use discretion.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran