Job Description: Employee is required to provide direct care to facility residents, primarily for their activities of daily living.
Accountability: The Certified Nurse Aide II reports to the Charge Nurse.
Equipment Used: Various medical equipment and machines.
Environment: Primarily indoors.
Duties and Responsibilities: The employee must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations. Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position.
1. Assures that all medications and treatments are administered as ordered and in a timely fashion according to facility policies and schedules.
2. Assist residents in bathing.
3. Assist residents in dressing or undressing.
4. Assist resident to bathroom and provides peri care as needed.
5. Takes and records vital signs of residents according to facility schedule and policies.
6. Assist residents to dining area for meals.
7. May be required to strip bedding and replace with clean linens per schedule or as needed.
8. May be required to assist in personal grooming of residents.
9. May be required to document and/or report information regarding residents as instructed.
10. Monitors personal and staff compliance to all State and federal requirements including but not limited to blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control, and fire safety.
11. Monitors personal and staff compliance to resident’s rights.
Physical activity requirements: Employees must be aware that during the normal, routine performances of the essential functions, some of the following body movements may occur naturally although they may not be a requirement of the job. The employee is required to use assistance (for example: transfer/gait belt or request staff assistance) when attempting to assist residents or attempting to lift or carry objects over 25 lbs.
Primary Physical Requirements:
Lift up to 10 lbs: Constantly
Lift 11 to 25 lbs: Constantly
Lift 26 to 50 lbs: Frequently
Lift over 50 lbs: Frequently
Carry up to l0 lbs: Constantly
Carry 10 to 25 lbs: Occasionally
Carry 26 to 50 lbs: Occasionally
Carry over 50 lbs: Occasionally
Reach above shoulder height: Frequently
Reach at shoulder height: Constantly
Reach below shoulder height: Constantly
Controls & Equipment: Various medical equipment and machines.
Other Physical Considerations:
Twisting: Not required
Crawling: Not required
Kneeling: Not required
Crouching: Not required
Climbing: Not required
Balancing: Not required
During an 8-hour day, Employee is required to:
Consecutive Hours Total Hours
Sit 1 1
Stand 1 4
Walk 2 5
Work Surface: Varies from Carpet, Tile, and linoleum.
Cognitive and Sensory Requirements:
Tasting & Smelling: Required
Access to Personal Health Information: Requires access to limited personal health information on an as-needed basis.
Licensure/Certification Requirements: State certification or completion of the 40 hr check list and final certification within three months of hiring. Acceptable standing with the Nurse Aide Registry as applicable.
Other Training, Skills, and Experience Requirements: Employee must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and other departments.
Summary of occupational exposures:
Blood Borne Pathogens:
Tasks and procedures performed by employee involve risks classified by CDC as:
Category I: (Direct contact with blood or other bodily fluids to which universal precautions apply)
Specific Task Exposure:
General Resident Care: Blood, urine, feces, vomitus, wound exudate, semen/vaginal secretions, other body fluids – cerebrospinal, synovial, pleural, peritoneal, pericardial, amniotic.
Handling Soiled Linens and Clothing: Blood, urine, feces, vomitus, wound exudate, semen/vaginal secretions, other body fluids - cerebrospinal, synovial, pleural, peritoneal, pericardial, amniotic.
Cleaning Resident Rooms and Common Areas: Blood, urine, feces, vomitus, wound exudate, semen/vaginal secretions.
Refer to Exposure Control Plan for Additional information.
Other Considerations and Requirements: Employee may be asked to perform other duties not listed above. Such duties will be within the scope of the employee’s training and ability. The employer reserves the right to modify this job description based upon the company needs.