Resident Care CoordinatorLocation: Leawood, KS (Homestead of Leawood)
Employee is required to effectively manage, direct and administer resident services of the facility in accordance with company policies and procedures, standards of practice for operators, and governmental regulations so as to maintain quality care for all residents.
Accountability: The Resident Care Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities: The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position:
- Review and supervise compliance with policies pertaining to total patient care, including but not limited to meal service, activities, housekeeping and laundry, personnel and public relations under specific directives from the Executive Director. Explain policies to staff and other concerned parties.
- Monitor and assist with compliance with policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations and laws concerning nursing care.
- Monitor personal and staff compliance with all state and federal regulations including bloodborne pathogens, infection control, hazardous materials, resident rights and other applicable areas.
- Assist residents with admission and assure compliance with all State and Federal requirements regarding admission, to include but not limit to initial Advance Directives, Resident Rights information, and assessments as required.
- Assist with negotiation and execution of Negotiated Service Agreements. In addition, assist with system of periodic review and maintain communication with families regarding fulfillment of agreement.
- Participate in selection of personnel to staff facility, orientation and monitoring of staff competence.
- Maintain communication with physicians and pharmacy as required.
Licensure/Certification Requirements: Current Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse license.
Other Training, skills and experience requirements: Employee must be able to perform in such a way to build good working habits and relationships among the staff they manage as well as other departmental staff. Employee must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with coworkers and supervisors.
Other Considerations and Requirements: This is a supervisory position. Employee is required to handle employees in a manner that assists them in their ability to function effectively. The employee may be expected to perform other duties as assigned. Such duties will be within the training and ability of the employee. The employer reserves the right to modify this job description based upon the company needs.