Yard DriverLocation: San Diego, CA (San Diego, CA yard)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Serves customer by transporting crews safely and on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains customer relations by transporting crews safely and efficiently.
- Determines condition of equipment by inspecting vehicle prior to each shift including checking fluid levels and tire pressure. Accurately complete van inspection forms, documenting any physical damage, mechanical or vehicle concerns.
- Ensures operation of vehicle by completing preventative maintenance as required
- Report any needed repairs or safety concerns to supervisor or manager
- Provides records for payroll and billing accurately recording events and hours worked via on board mobile messaging system
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to meet each essential duty and responsibility to a satisfactorily level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires an individual to be able to change a tire and lift up to 70 lbs. consistently.
- Valid Drivers License with no more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years, no driving-related alcohol or drug related convictions within the last 3 years, no careless/reckless driving conviction with the last 3 years.
- Clean Controlled Substance Screen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a clear understanding of the English language
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
This position requires an individual to have a valid driver license with less than 3 moving violations, and no drug or alcohol related convictions, and no reckless/careless driving within the past 3 years, and general educational experience.
Ability to read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form. The ability to effectively communicate with others.
This position requires an individual with average mathematical skills. This includes the following skills; addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
This position requires an individual to use reasonable judgment when making decisions that would concern the safety of the passengers and the general public. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. to change a tire
- Ability to bend to inspect the undercarriage of a vehicle and/or the tires
- Ability to climb in and out of vehicles
Hallcon is a 24 hour, 7 days a week operation. Employees may be scheduled to work weekends, holidays and overtime as need to ensure that our clientele receives the highest level of service. After 10 hours of driving or 15 hours on duty, a driver will have 9 hours of uninterrupted rest.
- Safety Minded
- Good Customer Service skills
- A strong sense of urgency