Production Worker 1st ShiftLocation: Brooklyn Center, MN (6890 Shingle Creek Parkway)
JOB SUMMARY: Production workers are responsible for various duties in the assembly of a variety of food products to be sold in Holiday Station Stores across the region.
- Produce quality food products in an efficient manner that includes but is not limited to assembling, wrapping, labeling and boxing product.
- Stage product for order fillers.
- Notify Line Lead, Chief Floor Lead, Production Supervisor or Plant Manager of inferior product issues or equipment that is not working properly.
- Clean and organize work area as needed.
- Help out on various production lines when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by HSF Management, Supervisors and/or Leads
- Perform all duties in compliance with USDA or FDA, OSHA and state and local regulations and company policies and procedures; including safety guidelines and the use of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have the ability to comprehend basic verbal instructions and read product labels.
- Be reliable and dependable; available to work 6a – 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday and occasionally Sunday as directed by HSF management.
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds repetitively and up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while performing repetitive twisting and reaching motions with hands, wrists and/or arms.
- Ability to bend, squat and reach above shoulders occasionally
- Ability to stand for an entire shift.
- Work in an environment that is between 35 and 40 degrees above zero Fahrenheit for an entire shift.
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
- Can stop line operation at any time for safety and quality issues.
- No minimum education requirement; High School diploma or GED or equivalent preferred.
- One to three months previous experience preferred, but will train.