To provide our customers with accurate, friendly and efficient service; to collect/return carts/carriages from the parking lot and assist customers with their groceries as required.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Meet all work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work/shopping environment.
- Maintain department sanitation and QA standards by cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, utensils and equipment. Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Remove rubbish from carts.
- Collect empty shopping carts from assigned areas and return them to their proper place
- Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
- Adhere to all Federal, State and Local regulations that pertain to the Front End operation.
- Dress according to the company policy to include uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint. Comply with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Be knowledgeable in the company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the store.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Comply with all ShopRite Service Priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: ASSOCIATES MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO OPERATE BALERS, HI-LO’S, POWER JACKS AND SLICING MACHINES.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
Supervised by: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager