To maintain a high level of customer service and confidentiality by being accurate, friendly and efficient; to accurately scan, price and bag products; to collect proper payment; and to provide proper change if necessary and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Ability to make change with all denominations of American currency.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Meet all work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Enter customer information into database for eligibility of Wakefern programs.
- Must be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the store.
- Sort and return “return to stock” items back to normal location with priority; attention given to refrigerated and perishable items.
- Handle all damaged merchandise in accordance with company procedures.
- Perform price check functions, if needed.
- Issue and keep information involving rain checks updated.
- Perform Scanrites according to company procedures.
- Answer phone promptly and in a professional manner and direct as company policies dictate, issue refunds and Price Plus cards.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Be familiar with the functions of digital processing equipment and be able to differentiate between various types of images and related merchandise (if applicable)
- Comply with all store rules, Company policies, safety requirements, security standards and all local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Be knowledgeable in the company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Maintain department sanitation and QA standards by cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, utensils and equipment. Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Adhere to all Federal, State and Local regulations as they pertain to Front End operations.
- Dress according to company policy to include uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint. Comply with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Comply with all ShopRite Service Priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: ASSOCIATES MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO OPERATE BALERS, HI-LOs, POWER JACKS AND SLICING MACHINES.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
Supervised by: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager