To provide our customers with accurate, friendly and efficient service; to maintenance and janitorial duties throughout the store as presented by store management to ensure that the store premises and fixtures are kept clean and sanitary; to present a clean, attractive environment to the store’s customers and its employees and ensure that the work shift contributes positively to the best interests of the store.
Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Meet all work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Observe store rules and company policies.
- Maintain a neat and well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe company dress code.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by the store manager.
- Adhere to the local, state and federal health and civil code regulations
- Empty all trash and recycling containers as prescribed by store managers
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms including all plumbing fixtures in the manner prescribed by store management.
- Replenish paper and soap supplies in all restrooms as required.
- Clean, mop, sweep, scrub, strip, wax, buff or vacuum floor areas as designated by management or as prescribed in established store procedures, schedules or guidelines.
- Clean employee break and lunch areas.
- Monitor inventory of cleaning supplies and submit purchase orders or requests to store management or as prescribed in established store procedures, schedules or guidelines.
- Always operate equipment with all safeguards in place and in good operating condition; observe the safe method of performing all duties.
- Be knowledgeable of the company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacture’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures
- Assist in training personnel when required
- Control excessive use of utilities, supplies and water and observe sound conservation practices.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
- Coordinate own activities and functions with those of coworkers to obtain maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customer actions and behavior; report to manager or security any abnormal behavior.
- Maintain the security of auxiliary doors and entrances when using them to take out trash containers to empty into outside refuse bins or when using exterior sites to prepare or clean equipment (i.e. floor scrubbers)
- Maintain good communications with co-workers and supervisors throughout the organization.
- Notify store manager of personnel situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operating performance or of situations requiring disciplinary action or that may potentially require such action.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work/shopping environment.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
- Collect empty shopping carts from assigned areas and return them to their proper place
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Comply with all ShopRite Service Priorities.
NOTE: ASSOCIATES MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO OPERATE BAILERS, HI-LO’S, POWER JACKS AND SLICING MACHINES.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
Supervised by: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager