Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, perform other duties as assigned. Handle each picked transaction in an efficient and organized manner according to Company and Department standards. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Shopping Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
• Follow approved procedures for picking, storing and labeling product properly.
• Masters store layout for efficient picking procedures.
• Arranges totes for easy access and proper delivery
• Retrieves and fills customers’ orders accurately and on time.
• Handles and maintains all computer hardware properly.
• Control department expenses and utilize energy conservation practices.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all front end duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and highly friendly, courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 40 lbs, and push/pull 200 lbs
• Repetitive Action - Picking customer orders, weighing out produce items, packing orders, storing orders in proper locations until time of delivery
• Working Conditions - Inside, Cold
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Hand held computer, electronic scale, cash register, totes
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.