Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. Maintain pricing, stocking and rotation of merchandise in the grocery area and to perform other functions as required in other Departments within the store. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours (overnight or early morning hours) at all times as scheduled or assigned by Grocery Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
• Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise. Check and verify grocery receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered. Check products for quality, count, and condition.
• Take stock to storage or shelf areas.
• Open cartons and price items accurately and legibly, keep store management informed of pricing problem areas or discrepancies.
• Order product and maintain inventory control.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Assist customers in retrieving items from inaccessible areas or in obtaining products that are either located in the back room or that they may have difficulty in handling.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and highly friendly, courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 40 lbs, push/pull 200 lbs, ability to stock 235 cases per 8 hour shift
• Repetitive Action - Pricing with marking gun, opening cases using safety cutter, stocking product on shelves and displays, return all overstock to stockroom.
• Working Conditions - Inside
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Pricing gun, safety cutter, transport dollies, pallet jack, power jack, compactor
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.