BakerLocation: Sudbury, MA (Sudbury 439 Boston Post Road)
Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. To produce all bakery goods and other related products in an efficient manner within Company Policy. To ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Bakery Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations including full compliance with all applicable laws pertaining to safety, health, and packaging requirements.
• Must wear approved hat or hair net.
• Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise. Check and verify receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered. Check products for quality, count, and condition.
• Keep all bakery ingredients or merchandise rotated in accordance with Company Policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
• Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory control.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Take stock to storage or shelf areas.
• Prepare all doughs and scratch baking mixtures in accordance with established Company or Department procedures and recipes.
• Pan up frozen products.
• Pan and round up bread.
• Load and unload oven. Know the proper temperatures and duration to bake all varieties of products.
• Operate mixer.
• Ice sweet rolls, sweet breads, and cookies.
• Scale cakes and cupcakes.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 40lbs, and push/pull 200lbs
• Repetitive Action - Process merchandise, prepare and wrap bakery related product, proof dough products, bake breads, cookies and pies, deep fry doughnuts and assorted pastries, stock and rotate display case, unload deliveries, operate and clean all bakery equipment and tools.
• Working Conditions - Inside, Cold, Hot
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, hot equipment surfaces, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Fryer, ovens, bread slicer, kitchen utensils, scales, mixers, shrink film wrapper, roller racks, pricing gun, compactor, water hose, cake machine, pallet jack, power jack, pressure washer.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.