Department: Business Office
Reports To: Business Office Manager
Exempt Status: Non Exempt
FUNCTION: Assures timely and accurate payment of employee paychecks, invoices due and patient account requirements. This position also provides assistance for human resources functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none
• Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
• Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
• Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
• Freedom from use and effects of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
• Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions, (word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
• Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; some college or technical training preferred. Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice for accounts payable/payroll in job situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers, and the public
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work withy mathematical concepts such as statistical process control tools and budgets. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to interpret financial reports amid statistical charts and graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define and solve problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in statistical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Process weekly employee payroll.
• Respond to employee inquiries concerning their payroll file.
• Maintain accurate trust fund ledgers for patients, in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations.
• Receive and respond to inquiries concerning patient accounts.
• Produce statements of patient account activity for responsible parties.
• Demonstrates satisfactory level of interpersonal skills to interact with facility staff, Administration, residents, families, vendors and government agencies.
• Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the rights, dignity and individuality of residents in interactions.
• Demonstrates honesty and integrity in the care and use of resident and facility property.
• Demonstrates respect for co-workers and responds to needs of residents by complying with facility policies.
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties within allotted time.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Comply with policies and procedures as outlined in the Business office manual l as it relates to this position.
RESIDENT RIGHTS: Promotes residents’ rights, assists residents to make informed decisions, treats residents with dignity and respect, reports suspected abuse or neglect, and supports independent expression, choice and decision-making.
LEADERSHIP: Demonstrates willingness to try new tasks; generates new ideas for change; evaluates and recognizes priorities, selects effective team members, challenges others to learn, keeps current and integrates new information, communicates and models organization values, fosters high performance, recognizes need for and provides adequate resources.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT: Applies quality improvement principles, tools, and techniques; assists in data collections; identifies processes for improvement in daily work; educates new staff in team process.
ENVIRONMENT OF CARE: Demonstrates understanding of fire and emergency procedures, participates in fire and disaster drills, demonstrates understanding of safety and security procedures, applies safety and security precautions, demonstrates understanding of hazardous materials plan and demonstrates prior use of equipment.
INFECTION CONTROL: Applies hand washing principles during daily work, demonstrates understanding of isolation precautions within the facility. Maintains personal hygiene, complies with OSHA standards in the work place and demonstrates understanding of cross-contamination.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Enters or records data timely, promotes confidentiality of resident information, logs onto the system using own password, logs off the system when leaving work station; reports suspected violation of security/confidentiality issues; reviews data and identifies trends.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Demonstrates active listening techniques; gains support through effective relationships; treats others with dignity and respect; seeks feedback; sets clear standards for performance; evaluates job performance and provides effective feedback; establishes systems to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and service; creates and maintains reporting mechanisms.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: Attends in-service and education programs; attends continuing education required for maintenance of professional certification or licensure.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit; use of fingers, hands and arms to hold, handle, reach or feel; and talk or hear. Occasional physical effort with light to medium objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVIEW: I understand this job description, its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand the job duties, may be altered from time to time.