Custodian/Freight AssociateLocation: Cleburne, TX (1663 W Henderson St)
REPORTS TO: Store Manager/ Assistant Manager
OBJECTIVE: Depending on your location your responsibilities will be ensuring merchandise is processed in a timely manner and/or ensuring store is cleaned and maintained on a regular schedule.
- Alert management when shipments arrive and accompany management in receiving/unloading freight. Prepare receiving area.
- Assist management with scanning in all freight on the Palm Pilot and identify damaged/tampered boxes.
- Assist freight carrier driver with properly staging cartons by colored label.
- Stage and sort merchandise.
- Determine with store management what merchandise is a priority to be processed.
- Perform merchandise processing techniques (i.e., batch processing, speed hanging, flip and clip)
- Relay merchandise to the sales floor based upon store management direction and the Twenty Minute Rule.
- Pick up hangers/sensors tags from cash wraps as needed.
- Remove sensor tags received on Store-to-Store Transfers that are inappropriate for store.
- Process outgoing Store-To-Store Transfers, Recalls and Damages.
- The receiving associate must achieve company merchandise processing standards by completing 10 cartons per hour.
- Aid management in moving fixtures and other floor moves when needed.
- Help assemble or breakdown new/old fixtures as needed.
- Aid in hanging outside banners or in-store signs.
- Vacuum and spot-clean carpet.
- Clean restrooms, store entrance, associate break room, Team-One area and fitting rooms, Trash pickup/disposal outside.
- Sweep and mop floors where and when appropriate.
- Dust in high, out of reach areas.
- Replace light bulbs as needed. Identify ballasts in need of repair to management.
- Maintain and organize sign holders/signs.
- Maintain cleaning supply dock.
- Clean all interior/exterior glass and windows.
- Check exterior sidewalk for cleanliness daily.
- Schedule- The start time for the Custodian associate is generally one hour prior to store opening. The Custodian is to vacuum and perform other major cleaning before customers begin entering the store.
Aid in hanging outside banners and in-store signs.