Camp Seymour Kitchen CookLocation: Gig Harbor, WA (9725 Cramer Rd K PN)
Hours: Up to 25 hours a week
Starting Range: $11.00+ per hour, depending on qualifications
The YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to assist with all areas of food service, including preparing, serving, and cleaning up after meals. Represent the YMCA and self in a professional manner of safety and fun.
• Promote a positive environment that fosters fun, safety and our YMCA values.
• Maintain good public relations with members and always represent the best interests of the YMCA.
• Arrive with ample time to report to position at the scheduled time.
• Be responsible and fulfill your commitments to scheduled shifts. Notify a supervisor personally and in a timely manner if you are unable to meet your commitment. This includes illness and extenuating circumstances.
• Participate in staff meetings as required.
• Participate in trainings as required.
• Assume other responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with a supervisor.
• Responsible for preparing all meals.
• Responsible for serving all meals, desserts, and putting away all leftovers.
• Prepare food for the next shift.
• Maintain upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
• Interior cleaning including, but not limited to, cleaning all areas of the kitchen, cleaning all dishes, sweeping and mopping, and laundry every night.
• Assign cleaning projects to kitchen aids. Direct the kitchen aids in assisting in food preparation, service, and cleaning as necessary.
• Be prepared to assist a supervisor as necessary.
• Operate all equipment in a safe and proper manner. Notify supervisor of any repairs needed.
• Use proper techniques and procedures, and maintain a clean work area to ensure safe working practices and environment.
• Dress according to YMCA dress code, having on the appropriate attire and nametag.
• Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
• Ensure emergency procedures are followed, and notify supervisor of any incidents, accidents, and behavior concerns immediately.
• Organize and put away needed equipment. Report damaged equipment.
• Understand our YMCA’s mission, goals, objectives and programs to relay that information to inquiring families and participants.
• Understand the financial assistance given to members comes from our Annual Campaign. Assist staff in helping to identify those individuals that may be interested in serving as a campaigner for and a donor to these efforts.
• As appropriate refer participants to other programs.
• Model our YMCA values through fun, positive relationships with staff and members. Seek every opportunity to encourage, motivate and thank fellow staff members for their work.
• Be enthusiastic toward members and staff by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities. Strive to enrich their YMCA experience by introducing them to new programs, staff, members and volunteer activities.
• Incorporate “Honesty, Respect, Caring, And Responsibility” into all aspects of the position, to ensure YMCA values are being integrated into our culture and programs.
• Maintain a consistent, professional image through dress, actions, and relationships with others.
• Participate in applicable training and conferences to further professional growth as outlined in annual training plan.
• Participate in staff meetings and other Association or branch Committees, as needed.
• Experience in food preparation.
• Food handler's certificate, as required by law.
• Willingness and ability to adjust to camp resources, conditions and programs.
• Knowledge of safe practice and procedures for required tasks.
• Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
• YMCA required trainings including Child Abuse Prevention training (within 60 days) and Blood borne Pathogen Training (within 90 days).
• The ability to demonstrate a friendly, courteous and professional manner while working with members, parents and staff and the ability to understand, articulate, and enforce YMCA policies and procedures in a positive way.
• Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.