Camp Seymour Kitchen AideLocation: Gig Harbor, WA (9725 Cramer Rd K PN)
Position Title: Kitchen Aide
Starting Wage: $11.00+ per hour depending on qualifications
Hours: Part Time up to 25 hours per week
Performs the necessary functions and activities required to maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen and assists in food preparation. Represents the YMCA and self in a professional manner of safety and fun.
• Promote a positive environment that fosters fun, safety and our YMCA values.
• Maintain good public relations with members and always represent the best interests of the YMCA.
• Arrive with ample time to report to position at the scheduled time.
• Be responsible and fulfill your commitments to scheduled shifts. Notify a supervisor personally and in a timely manner if you are unable to meet your commitment. This includes illness and extenuating circumstances.
• Participate in staff meetings as required.
• Participate in trainings as required.
• Assume other responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with a supervisor.
• Complete cleaning projects as required by a supervisor and maintain upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
• Interior cleaning including, but not limited to, cleaning all dishes, cleaning dish pit area, wiping down dishwasher, draining dishwasher every night, cleaning all shelves and walls.
• Put away stock.
• Prepare salad bar for shift.
• Assist cook with prepping for the next day.
• Operate all equipment in a safe and proper manner. Notify supervisor of any repairs needed.
• Use proper techniques and procedures, and maintain a clean work area to ensure safe working practices and environment.
• Dress according to YMCA dress code, having on the appropriate attire and nametag.
• Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
• Ensure emergency procedures are followed, and notify supervisor of any incidents, accidents, and behavior concerns immediately.
• Organize and put away needed equipment. Report damaged equipment.
• Understand our YMCA’s mission, goals, objectives and programs to relay that information to inquiring families and participants.
• Understand the financial assistance given to members comes from our Annual Campaign. Assist staff in helping to identify those individuals that may be interested in serving as a campaigner for and a donor to these efforts.
• As appropriate refer participants to other programs.
• Model our YMCA values through fun, positive relationships with staff and members. Seek every opportunity to encourage, motivate and thank fellow staff members for their work.
• Be enthusiastic toward members and staff by learning their names and expressing an interest in their YMCA activities. Strive to enrich their YMCA experience by introducing them to new programs, staff, members and volunteer activities.
• Incorporate “Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility” into all aspects of the position, to ensure YMCA values are being integrated into our culture and programs.
• Maintain a consistent professional image through dress, actions and relationships with others. Speak enthusiastically on behalf of the YMCA at given opportunities.
• Participate in applicable training and conferences to further professional growth as outlined in annual training plans.
• Food handler's certificate, as required by law.
• Willingness and ability to adjust to camp resources, conditions and programs.
• The ability to learn and practice the correct procedures and techniques used in cleaning the facility.
• The ability to learn and practice the safe and correct operation of the equipment assigned to perform the required tasks.
• Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
• Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
• YMCA required trainings including Child Abuse Prevention training (within 60 days) and Blood borne Pathogen Training (within 90 days).
• The ability to demonstrate a friendly, courteous and professional manner while working with members, parents and staff and the ability to understand, articulate, and enforce YMCA policies and procedures in a positive way.
• Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.