Camp Seymour Residential Group Program Specialist 2
HOURS: Part Time/Seasonal - 16-40 hours per week
STARTING RANGE: $50.00+ per day, depending on qualifications
Under the direction of the Retreats and Conferences Director, the Program Specialist 2 will help plan, organize, host and run various program areas in a safe and customer friendly manner for retreats and conferences programing and family camps throughout the year.
• Facilitate at least two advanced program areas or become a certified lead facilitator for the Challenge Course.
• Ensure that program areas are ready for group use prior to group arrival when possible.
• Know and enforce rules as necessary to ensure safe use of program areas.
• Assist with the supervision of teen and staff as directed.
• Maintain good public relations with participants and fellow staff, representing the best interests of the YMCA while providing excellent customer service at every opportunity.
• Work with the Retreats and Conferences Director and Group Leaders to create a schedule to meet the needs of each group every weekend.
• Assist with booking staff for weekends and creating staff schedules.
• Be familiar with emergency procedures.
• If qualified, administer basic first aid as required; if not, direct participant to Director, Host or Group Leader. Make sure the Director, Host or Group Leader is informed of any accidents, and contribute to the completion of accident or incident reports as necessary.
• Host meals and assist with dining hall operations
• Check guests out of cabins.
• Program Staff attend one of the bi-annual Teen Trainings Weekend, and/or YMCA Camp Seymour Summer Camp or OEE Staff Trainings, or a Climbing Wall, Low or High Ropes Course Training.
• Assist with the training of teen and program staff.
Financial Development and Philanthropy:
• Meet performance measurement through annual giving, major gifts, and/or endowment by telling the Y story and raising charitable dollars to fulfill our mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move a higher amount.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Will need to plan and participate in programming outdoors.
• A minimum age of 21
• Two years of experience working in a residential camp or facility is preferred
• Knowledge of YMCA Camp Seymour’s operation procedures, especially the supervision and operation of program areas or the ability to acquire that knowledge.
• The ability to effectively communicate with staff and participants of all ages.
• The ability to demonstrate a friendly, courteous and professional manner while working with members, parents, guests and staff and the ability to understand, articulate and enforce YMCA policies and procedures in a positive way.
• CPR, First Aid, AED certifications, online trainings and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date and other required trainings within 60 days.