The Inclusion Specialist Staff assists with planning, leading, and evaluating group experiences for children with special needs at a child care site. The incumbent provides quality recreational experiences for children that focus on the YMCA core values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Provide hands-on guidance and support for children with special needs.
- Assist the Director with the planning, and implementation of the program activities while working with a small group of children.
- Provide direction to program staff on the needs of special needs children during program activities.
- Assist in the promotion of the program including calendars, newsletters, and other forms of communication with parents and the community.
- Continuously evaluate programs and recommend changes to the Director.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean and organized.
- Perform administrative activities to support the program, including record and file maintenance, registration, release forms, and emergency forms.