zzz Specialty Instructor - Pilates Reformer - Part Time
The Specialty Class Instructor is responsible for leading classes in Pilates Reformer. The incumbent instructs quality progressive classes and provides excellent customer service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Plan and instruct classes in a specialty area. Observes and discusses individual progress with participants.
- Motivate and guide class and program participation.
- Increase participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.
- Set up and take down class equipment, ensure equipment is cleaned after classes, and report equipment problems.
- Ensure safe and effective classes; responding to and reporting any accidents or incidents.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum 40 hours of documented formal training in the Pilates Reformer (Power House Pilates, Stott, YMCA)
- National Pilates Mat Certification
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR, First Aid, and AED
- Attend and successfully complete within 90 days of hire: YMCA Healthy Lifestyles Demonstrated customer service and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to individually lead a class and motivate participants
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
Qualifications - Preferred
- 1 year experience in specialty area
- National Certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, YMCA, NASM) in group fitness instruction
- National Personal Training Certification
- Ability to instruct assigned classes and perform associated physical activities.
- Ability to set up, move and store class equipment.