Personal Trainer - Full Time
The Personal Trainer follows the YMCA of the USA Health and Fitness guidelines and is responsible for planning and leading a range of individualized or group exercise/activity sessions for clients in a fitness specialty area. The incumbent performs a variety of fitness programs that are both educational and motivational. The incumbent provides customer service which promotes member wellness in accordance with the YMCA policies and procedures and creates a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment.
- Develop, implement and instruct a variety of personal training and group training sessions for clients. Provide encouragement and expertise for the client in support of their health and well-being goals.
- Administer, track and evaluate health history questionnaires, fitness assessments and other pre-participation documentation with regard to individual exercise programs.
- Adhere to all guidelines and expectations as outlined in the YMCA Healthy Living Staff Manual which includes but is not limited to providing safe classes and sessions and responding to and reporting any accidents or incidents.
- Promote and sell personal training programs and services while achieving monthly revenue and session goals.
- Maintain required CEC’s and national certifications.
- Follow Fitness Floor expectations when not scheduled for personal training, group training or performing a wellness consultation.
Qualifications - Required
- Nationally Accredited Personal Training Certification such as the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), or National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), WaterArt ® Aquatic Personal Training Specialist Certification, or other approved and accredited certifications.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen.
- Formal training in the specialty class being taught and/or ability to demonstrate the movements and exercises.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an individual/group and motivate others to achieve their health and well-being goals.
- Demonstrated ability working with all age groups and ability levels.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health/Exercise Science or related field.
- 1 year experience in the health and fitness field.
- 1 year experience Personal Training and Group Training.
- Ability to lead assigned classes and sessions, demonstrating exercise techniques and perform associated physical activities.