Healthcare Marketing Liaison - DFW
Since 1980 Centre for Neuro Skills (CNS) has been a leader in medical treatment, rehabilitation and disease management for people with brain injuries. CNS offers residential, inpatient, outpatient and assisted living programs. Multi-disciplinary staff work together to develop/implement personal rehabilitation plans. We trust each employee to use their life and educational experiences to promote and build strong patient programs that improve patient outcomes. We offer exciting career opportunities where staff accomplish great things with a deep sense of service.
The Community Liaison (Healthcare Marketing Liaison) is primarily responsible for the referral development activity associated with a given facility and/or geographic region and participates in public and corporate activities as directed. Reflects the organization’s mission, core values and ethics. Work is normally full time during the week with consistent overtime, a defined level of travel and some weekend work. Work is performed in the community, the CNS clinics and at home. A high degree of accuracy, organization and communication skills are needed for this position.
Schedules, conducts, and documents in the CNS Contact database results of direct referral development calls to referral sources including physicians, insurance companies, case managers, discharge planners, family members, patients, and others to effectively explain the CNS philosophy and approach to the treatment of individuals with brain injury. Requires extensive use of telephone, use of the computer and Lotus Notes, safe driving and conversation with customers.
Identifies and coordinates opportunities to provide in-service training to referral sources. Attends or participates in local, regional and national professional conferences as a representative of CNS. Attends and participates in assigned trade shows. Sets up booth, moves boxes of marketing materials and display wall containers weighing up to 40 pounds as required. Stands on feet for up to 4 hours at a time.
Maintains documentation on competitors in the assigned area, including current fees and pricing information. Requires extensive use of computer, telephone, and FAX machine.
Travels within and outside the assigned regional area to achieve sales and marketing goals. Attends and participates in the National Marketing and Admission Meeting (or equivalent) held approximately every 6 months.
Participates in weekly Referral Status Conference Calls(s) to communicate status of direct referral development activities and learn of relevant activities in the facilities. Meetings are usually by telephone but may be in person.
Promotes a positive and professional image and leadership role of CNS within the head injury rehabilitation community and all other work-related settings.
Updates marketing databases in a timely fashion as required by management. Databases may include but are not limited to CNS Contacts database, the Patient C.A.R.E. database, the Time Reporting System and the Expense Reporting System in Lotus Notes. .
Complies with CNS Ethics Policy.
Maintains professional and ethical relationships with staff, patients, patient families, and other visitors.
As this is an “outside” sales position, qualifies for a Company provided credit card or has access to a personal credit card with adequate available credit to cover essential expenses including, but not limited to: business meals, parking, air travel, hotel, auto rental and other, normal sales oriented business expenses.
Attends staff meetings, in-services, and all scheduled shifts.
Comprehends and follows instructions:
- Maintain attention and concentration for necessary periods.
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
Performs simple and repetitive tasks:
- Ask simple questions or request assistance when needed.
- Perform routine, concrete, organized activities.
- Remember locations and work procedures.
- Make decisions based on simple sensory data.
Maintains work pace appropriate to given work load:
- Perform activities on schedule, maintain regular attendance, and be punctual within specified tolerance.
- Complete normal workday and/or week, perform at a consistent pace without excessive rest periods.
Performs complex or varied tasks:
- Synthesize, coordinate and analyze data.
- Perform job requiring precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
Relates to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions:
- Can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
- Maintain open door policy to encourage active, empathetic listening
- Perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others
- Respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor and/or other staff member(s)
Effectively influences people on a consistent basis:
- Convince or redirect others.
- Understand the meaning of words and use them effectively.
- Interact appropriately with people which includes the provision of appropriate internal and external customer service.
Makes generalizations, evaluations or decisions without immediate supervision:
- Recognize potential hazards and observe appropriate precautions.
- Understand and remember detailed instructions.
- Make independent decisions or judgments based on sensory data or known guidelines.
Accepts and carries out responsibility for direction, control and planning:
- Set realistic goals or make plans independently of others.
- Negotiate, instruct or supervise people.
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
Performs other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Assists in the preparation of regional referral development and marketing strategies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL SKILLS UTILIZED, EDUCATION LEVEL, TRAINING
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in marketing, public relations or communications preferred. Extensive direct medical sales or referral development experience can be used to offset the educational requirement.
Minimum 2 years experience in a direct medical sales or referral development position is required, preferably in the marketing of services.
Must demonstrate an ability to acquire knowledge of traumatic brain-injury rehabilitation, workers' compensation, accident and health and long term disability insurance.