Assists the Social Services Director in providing services to meet the social and emotional needs of the residents/patients. Develops a rapport with the residents/patients and presents their concerns to facility management. Charts as assigned. Assists with small group work and with Resident Council and Family Council. Follows all Extendicare policies and procedures.
1. Assists residents/patients with emotional adjustment to facility.
2. As directed, interviews new residents/patients and records social history and assessments. Completes the social services portion of the minimum data set.
3. Attends and participates in IPOC (“Interdisciplinary Plan of Care”) meetings.
• Informs residents/patients and families of date and time of conference.
• Invites family members to conference as desired by residents/patients.
• Communicates the plan developed to those residents/patients who do not attend the IPOC meeting.
4. Writes summaries and progress notes as directed.
5. Assists in informing residents/patients of room changes or roommate change. Helps all residents/patients to adjust to the change.
6. Assists in conducting a pre-discharge evaluation. Assists with discharge planning. Follows up after discharge. Writes discharge summaries as assigned.
7. Develops a relationship with each resident/patient by visiting regularly. Documents problems, needs, and solutions.
8. Develops and holds small group meetings to address resident needs, as directed.
9. Handles and documents resident/patient grievances, as directed.
10. *Assists with Resident Council and Family Council meetings.
11. Encourages family contact and support for each resident/patient.
12. Reports changes in resident's/patient’s behavior or personality to nursing and director of social services.
13. Develops knowledge of available facility and community resources and makes referrals as directed.
14. Documents referrals made, services rendered, and the effect of the services on the resident/patient.
15. *Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and act in accordance with Extendicare Health Service, Inc.’s Corporate Compliance Program.
16. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
17. *Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement (“PI”) committees and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
• Knows and follows facility rules.
• *Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
• Follows facility smoking policies.
• Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate facility personnel.
• Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor.
• *Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Facility Disaster Plan.
• Uses required protective equipment.
• Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.
19. Resident Rights
• Knows Resident Rights. Helps the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights.
• Reports resident/patient complaints to management.
• Maintains confidentiality of resident/patient information.
• Follows and adheres to Extendicare’s policies and procedures implementing HIPAA requirements for the privacy and security of protected health information.
• Uses and/or discloses only minimum amount of Protected Health Information necessary to complete assigned tasks. (Applies only if position requires access to PHI under Role Based Access Grid.)
• Reports all suspected violation of company’s HIPAA policies or procedures to Facility Privacy Designee.
1. *May participate in admissions and conduct facility tours.
2. May assist in obtaining financial services when needed.
3. Participates in committees as assigned.
4. *Assists with special facility programs and events.
5. *Participate in All-Hands Dining.
6. *Participates in marketing events.
7. Works overtime, holiday and weekend hours as scheduled.
8. Other duties as assigned or as necessity dictates.
The designation of “essential functions” and “other duties” is for purposes of compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Employees holding this position will be required to perform all job duties, consistent with law. In addition, employees must meet applicable health requirements imposed by law.
This description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under supervision. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee or group of employees and the Employer. The Employer retains and reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Long-term care experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, lifting (up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. The tasks on this position description marked with an asterisk (*) are those that regularly require these physical activities. All employees of nursing homes may be required to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents. Lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and /or assistance of other staff.
If you can hear yourself saying one of the following:
"Helping People Live Better."
"Revolutionizing Post-Acute Therapy."
Extendicare Health Services, Inc. is committed to helping individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or need an alternative method for applying for positions at Extendicare Health Services, Inc., please email Careers@extendicare.com for further assistance.
A challenging and exciting career at Extendicare, ProStep or VCPI awaits you. We value our customers and our teams who care for them. We are enthusiastic about helping others by providing quality care, rehabilitation and IT services. If you are interested in a rewarding career, passionate staff, and a diverse team apply today.