Responsible for all social service aspects of a designated caseload. Assists patients/families with any and all financial, transportation, emotional and behavioral concerns. Develops a working relationship with private and public social health and welfare resources in the community.Assists residents/patients in the achievement and maintenance of maximum psychosocial functioning and independence. Maintains resident/patient records per federal and state regulations and Extendicare policies and procedures.
No direct reports.
1. Counsels prospective residents and their families, as needed, for adequate preparation for admission to the facility.
2. Provides assistance to residents and/or families in obtaining financial services, when needed.
3. Meets with new residents and/or families to answer any questions, and obtains information for a social history and assessment.
4. Addresses difficulties with emotional adjustments through interviews, counseling, and referrals when indicated. Consults with other disciplines as appropriate.
5. Ensures that social services are coordinated with nursing and all other departments.
6. Provides timely and appropriate psychosocial intervention for residents as required. Documents the intervention.
7. Refers residents and/or families to the appropriate agencies upon discharge.
8. Actively participates in care conferences.
9. Initiates family support meetings and records and signs minutes.
10. Coordinates behavior management programs with the assistance of other departments for those on caseload.
12. Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and acts in accordance with Extendicare Corporate Compliance Program.
13. Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement committees, and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
14. Treats all patients, their families, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
15. Assists in orientation and training of employees as assigned.
16. Follows center dress and hygiene policies.
17. Serves as primary resident/patient/family liaison regarding communication and development of interdisciplinary treatment and/or discharge plan for those on caseload.
• Knows and follows center rules.
• Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
• Follows center smoking policies.
• Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of patients, staff or visitors to the appropriate personnel.
• Performs duties, which may include transportation of patients, as assigned in the Center Disaster Plan.
• Uses required protected equipment.
• Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.
• Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor.
19. Patient Rights
• Knows Patient Rights. Helps the patient exercise and/or protect their rights.
• Reports patient complaints to management.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
• Safeguards the confidentiality of all patients.
• Follows and adheres to Extendicare’s policies and procedures implementing HIPAA requirements for the privacy and security of protected health information.
• Uses and/or discloses only minimum amount of Protected Health Information necessary to complete assigned tasks (applies only if position requires access to PHI under Role Based Access Grid).
• Reports all suspected violations of company’s HIPAA policies or procedures to Center Privacy Designee.
1. Handles admission inquiries and center tours.
2. Assists with special center programs and events.
3. Participates in committees as assigned.
4. Functions as the resident advocate for resident rights and concerns.
5. Performs other duties as directed by center management.
6. Works overtime and holiday hours as scheduled.
Education: Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in social work.
Experience: One year of supervised social work experience, preferrably in a health care setting.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Ability to plan and adapt policies and procedures relating to social services. Strong organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrate integrity, imagination and initiative, showing appropriate manner and conduct. Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with patients, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents and the elderly. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
If you can hear yourself saying one of the following:
"Helping People Live Better."
"Revolutionizing Post-Acute Therapy."
A challenging and exciting career at Extendicare, ProStep or VCPI awaits you. We value our customers and our teams who care for them. We are enthusiastic about helping others by providing quality care, rehabilitation and IT services. If you are interested in a rewarding career, passionate staff, and a diverse team apply today.