Rock Climbing Instructor
The Rock Climbing Instructor will provide a safe, welcoming and fun environment for children to learn & grow. Instruct youth recreational climbing classes. Provide participants with pertinent information, efficient service and instruct all classes within the guidelines of the Association to maintain the quality of the programs. Demonstrate a commitment to the YMCA of Greater Hartford core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspect of job performance.
- Demonstrate skills and clearly explain them to class members.
- Perform daily cleaning and equipment inspections.
- Observe and discuss individual progress with participants and parents.
- Promote programs and registration.
- Ability to individually lead a class, respond to safety and emergency situations, motivate and educate.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and display an engaging personality enabling him/her to relate well to participants.
- Ability to develop effective interpersonal relationships with children, parents and other adults as required for program.