YMCA Day Camps are CT Licensed Summer Day Camps. YMCA Camp Farmington Valley is located in Granby, CT. We serve 50 to 170+ campers on a weekly based program depending on branch location. Activities include Swimming Lessons, Free Swim, Skills Clinics, Archery, Arts & Crafts, Group Games, Team Building, Nature Study, Family Nights, Sports Variety, Skits, Songs, Drama, Character Development, Field Trips, and more.
Summer Camp Counselors will be responsible to serve as a counselor to a group of 6-10 campers, serving as their positive role model, leader and friend. The counselor will also either teach or assist with daily clinics and activities. Primary responsibility is to ensure the well-being of their campers. Counselors plan and carry out activities designed to help build campers spiritually, mentally and physically.
- This position is a seasonal position. From 20 to 40 hours per week depending on position. From June 6-August 29. Hours of operation are approximately 8:45 am-3:45 pm M-F. 24 to 40 hours of mandatory camp training will be held in June prior to the first day of camp. Some Saturdays and evenings are required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Prior experience working with children or groups preferred.
- Must meet all state licensing and accreditation requirement.
- Certification in CPR and/or First Aid required.
- Certification in Medication Administration and Epi-Pen Administration required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoys working outdoors and understands the potential hazards of an outdoor setting.
- Flexible, with the ability to adjust to varying situations
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be able to run, jump, and lift a minimum of 1/3 their own body weight.