The YMCA of Greater Hartford is an association open to all and committed to helping people reach their God-given potential in sprit, mind, and body. Our commitment is based on the belief that the purpose of this three-fold development is to live out the values of our Judeo-Christian heritage including Caring, Honest, Respect and Responsibility
- Develops the daily schedule and materials that coaching CITs in camp counseling
- Provides a safe environment for the CIT Program
- Arranges and leads daily group trainings & helps develop CIT-run programming
- Provides mature and understanding counsel to individual CITs as needed
- Interviews 12-13 CITs once every 2 weeks
- Provides a clear and thorough written evaluation of each CIT
- Meets with CITs on an individual basis each week.
- Assists Program Director with evening programs
- Perform other duties assigned by the Youth Leadership Director to insure Camp runs smooth and safe
- Assists with night camp supervision and CQ
- Assists Camp Director in whatever area to ensure Camp’s safety
- Leads by example in accordance with camp’s values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Provides a positive role model for campers to look up to.
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Must have minimum of 2 years experience leading children in a residential camp setting, CPR, First-Aid, strong values, organizational skills and ability to communicate and lead people
- Providing a direction for the CIT’s to follow using competence and character.
- Willingness to follow Camp Woodstock’s personnel policy
- Assists Program Director and Unit Leaders during evening activities