Summer Site Manager- Power Scholars Academy Program
The summer learning program is designed to address summer learning loss for low-income children living in urban communities and thereby enhance overall youth development, academic performance, and graduation rates.
The Summer Program Manager is responsible for building a strong summer program team that works well together, overseeing the educational quality of the program and implementing the program model to create the best learning environment for the scholars.
Key areas of focus for this role include:
- Bachelor's degree required, with a Master's in Education or other related discipline preferred.
- Passion and commitment to improving the quality of education for children living in under resourced communities.
- Experience working in urban communities and managing an out of school time program or other community-based youth program.
- Experience working in an elementary school environment.
- Certification in Education Administration highly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing different levels of staff.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with parents, administrators, staff and scholars.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and organization skills.
- Strong technical skills, with ability to learn new programs quickly as needed.
- Belief and commitment to the Y's mission and values.