Gymnastics Program Director
Under the leadership of the Regional Director of Youth Development the Gymnastics Program Director is responsible for assuring the accomplishment of the Association's mission and initiatives through activities which grow and improve the Association's financial stability, program offerings, quality and consistency, participant registrations, retention and conversions to members in the areas of camp, teens and overall youth development programs.
The Gymnastics Program Director is also responsible for assisting the Regional Director of Youth Development with the completion of the annual Association plan (i.e. goals and objectives, chart of work, and innovation), relative to the membership practice area as well as the development of the branch budget.
- Be visibly involved w/ members, volunteers and staff in a positive, friendly manner that communicates and demonstrates the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Follows all established policies and procedures, including but not limited to, safety practices and personnel policies.
- Participate in and support association events and fund raising activities.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Secure required trainings and/or certifications necessary for the position.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Will directly oversee Gymnastics, Parkour and Dance.
- Travel required- 25%
- Demonstrate high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with donors, volunteers, and community professionals.
- Provides a quality experience for everyone, including but not limited to Health Seekers, Members, Participants, Internal Customers, Fellow Staff Members, Vendors, and others.
- Treats everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people; demonstrates an active willingness to learn and grow; accepts constructive criticism; works cooperatively as a team member.
- Staff Recruitment and Development: Work with Program Director and Branch staff to develop growth opportunities and to increase capacity within organization. Work with Human Resources Department to recruit and retain qualified staff.
- Budget Development: With direction from the Operations and Finance Departments develop the annual budget of anticipated income and expenditures for their branch in collaboration with the Regional Director of Youth Development and the Association Director of Day Camp. Responsible for maintaining, controlling and evaluating the income/expenses of budget. Responsible for generating required reports for association and branch. Responsible for monthly budget review and/or adjustments with Regional/Association directors.
- Sales: Responsible for establishing relationships with local business, corporate, community, and civic groups to increase program revenue through the offering of premiere sports programs. Compiles statistical data related program outcomes and makes appropriate recommendations to supervisor (i.e. discontinue programming, increase amount of program offerings). Responsible for overseeing effective and efficient implementation of strategies at all locations.
- Program/Marketing Development: Under the direction of the Operations Department, promotes and incorporates the YMCA core values and character development model in to Association-Wide program activities. Develops and distributes branch specific marketing materials of program information and assist with Association-Wide Marketing (i.e. brochures, newsletters and special event promotion) through various media. Develops and implements programming for designated sessions. Actively implements strategies developed, during Program Development Team meetings, to establish new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with the Association and branch strategic plans.
- Public Relations/Community Affairs: Represent YMCA in appropriate business & community groups. This includes providing timely publicity, developing a working relationship with local business / community groups and developing on-going recognition program for members and volunteers.
- Fund Development Activities: Participate in and / or coordinate fund-raising activities as assigned by supervisor at home branch. Actively develop strategies at Program Development Team meetings address Association-Wide fund development efforts.
- Front Desk Operations: Ensure each branch has a comprehensive print out of information related to programming to ensure membership department can actively integrate program into facility tours, membership sales, etc.
- The following are essential supervisory functions:
- Supervise employees in assigned accountabilities, monitor site operation and scheduling and verify time sheets and actual hours worked.
- Identify training needs and initiate development activities of supervisees. Recommend effective personnel management actions (i.e. employee counseling process).
- Assure that new employees complete orientation and training according to established guidelines and provide on the job training as required by supervisees.
- Ensure duties, responsibilities and accountabilities of all direct reports are defined and understood. Ensure that the individual understands the standards for acceptable performance.
- Notify Regional/Association directors and Human Resource Department of job openings, follow hiring and interview process. Make final selection and maintain qualified staff.
- Keeps employees informed as to association and branch events, plans and progress on organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or two years or more related work experience
- Two years or more successful experience in sales including prospecting, marketing, closing, retention and customer service activities.
- Previous supervisory experience in service industry
- Must be able to read, and write legibly and in an understandable manner
- Must be able to effectively communicate with and observe program participants, members and YMCA staff.
- Travel – 25 %
The employee is expected to meet the physical requirements of the position, which may include, a frequent amount of sitting, standing and walking, reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Lifting requirement of the position may be greater depending on the particular job to be performed (i.e. aquatics, child care).