The Program Registrar is responsible for ensuring the successful registration for the specified programs, including program intake, Daxko data entry, reporting as needed, invoicing/collections, and working with the designated Program staff to ensure programs meet all state regulations, accreditation requirements, and YMCA guidelines.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford are conveyed.
- Consistently provides friendly, courteous assistance, exceeding customer expectations every day, which includes building and maintaining healthy professional relationships with customers, staff, and host agencies.
- Supports and contributes to a safe, clean environment for staff and customers by implementing appropriate safety procedures and following YMCA guidelines.
- Establish a yearly calendar for required paperwork including but not limited to Grant Redeterminations, CACFP Income Eligibility determinations, and communicate appropriately with staff.
- Work with appropriate Program Director to ensure program space is available for designated program areas.
- Assist with program promotion as required.
- Assist with required reports for funders and Program Directors as required.
- Attend required State and local trainings as needed and maintain certifications in required areas.
Work closely with designated Program Director to ensure program requirements are satisfied. This includes but is not limited to complete and accurate program registration, all medical forms for participants as required and complete financials for grant programs/Financial Assistance as required to ensure fiscally sound programs.
- Provide Program Directors with necessary information to complete daily/weekly/monthly reports as needed.
- Provides accounting services for the program, including billing, accepting and depositing payments, grants, funds.
- Ensure that payment is collected and reconciled for all participants in the program.
- Attend required GHY cabinets meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned related to Program Registration for required programs and related branch events.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Management, or Finance or pursuing a degree in a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be highly attentive to detail and follow through, resolve problems, be aware of deadlines and organize workload to meet them.
- Proficiency in general math.
- Requires both a comprehensive knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office and proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.