Vacancies at both Fox Island and Metea Park locations.
This position is part-time, nonexempt, unclassified and not covered as defined by the Board of Commissioners of the County of Allen Employee Handbook.
Hours vary; 9:00 am - 6:00 pm; holidays, nights and weekends required
Under the Direction of the Office Manager, the Part Time Receptionist provides customer service to park patrons and answers phone inquiries for park services.
- Responsible for answering phones and greeting guests upon entry to the park or Nature Center.
- Answers questions about rentals and takes down contact information in preparation for processing.
- Responsible for the daily sales of gift shop items, the stocking of inventory, and the cleanliness of the gift shop and reception areas.
- Responsible for daily sales of admissions, annual passes, activity fees, and special event revenues collected throughout the day.
- Assists with membership applications and payments.
- Secures the Nature Center and parks at the end of the day.
- Assists with general department secretarial work.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED and one year customer service experience
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to answers a wide range of calls and questions in a professional and positive manner
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office and other job related software
- Ability to use multi-line phone, fax machine, copier, cash register, radios, and other job related equipment
- General knowledge of the parks system
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work holidays, nights and weekends
The Part Time Receptionist works in both a gift shop and park setting with frequent sitting and the ability to move about freely. Some lifting of up to forty pounds, bending, pushing/pulling, reaching over head, kneeling, crawling, climbing ladders, typing, monitoring equipment, detailed inspection, and proofreading and frequent attention to detail is required. Some exposure to noise is expected due to large events and day camp visitors in the Nature Center.