This position is part time, unclassified, non-exempt and not covered as defined by The Board of Commissioners of the County of Allen Employee Handbook.
Hours vary; weekends, nights and holidays are required; 20 hours/week
Under the direction of the Office Manager, the Gate Attendant is responsible for greeting and assisting park visitors and collecting park admissions. This position is not covered as defined by the Board of Commissioners of the County of Allen Employee Handbook.
• Greets entering and exiting park guests.
• Responsible for collecting admissions and verifying and logging annual pass holders.
• Sells annual park passes and completes all appropriate paperwork.
• Provides information to guests and potential visitors.
• Maintains a clean and safe environment by cleaning, removing safety hazards and serving as an informant to notify visitors of potential dangers.
• Educates the public about Allen County Parks.
• Secures and locks gates upon park closing.
• Assists promptly and calmly in emergency situations.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Basic math skills
• Knowledge of Allen County Parks
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to operate cash register, multi-line phone, computer, two-way radio and other job related equipment
The Gate Attendant spends some time sitting and has the ability to move about freely. Some lifting of up to twenty pounds, bending, reaching over head, kneeling, typing, monitoring of equipment, detailed inspection and proofreading and frequent attention to detail exists. The Gate Attendant is sometimes exposed to extreme temperatures and noise.