Graphic Designer - Encino
Centre for Neuro Skills (CNS) helps people with brain injury find hope, independence and a meaningful life - and you can play a key role in that journey as a Graphic Designer.
The scope of the Graphic Designer will encompass working closely with various departments and individuals to create and design print pieces, digital collateral, web content, email blasts, invitations, direct mail pieces, printed marketing collateral, in house materials, etc. These projects support marketing and communication goals for the business. Work is normally full time during the week, with occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. The primary work location is the Centre for Neuro Skills clinic in Encino, CA, with travel to all CNS locations and in the community as needed.
In general, successful maintenance of this position requires a high level of accuracy and organization, the ability to multitask and prioritize competing projects, ability to drive projects through to completion, and a sharp eye for aesthetics and detail.
Since 1980 Centre for Neuro Skills (CNS) has been a leader in post acute medical treatment, rehabilitation and disease management for people with brain injuries. CNS offers residential, inpatient, outpatient and assisted living programs. Locations include Bakersfield, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Dallas.
Our facilities have been honored many times by the prestigious Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF International) for excellence in therapeutic programs, staff education, patient treatment, and leadership. We also conduct research on brain injury and recovery, with a dedicated, in-house team of Ph.D. researchers who collaborate with major U.S. universities. Please see our compelling corporate video, "The Story of Centre for Neuro Skills" at http://www.neuroskills.com/about-us/tour-cns.php
The company offers competitive salary and benefits including medical and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, company paid holidays.
Creates and designs print pieces, digital collateral, web content, email blasts, invitations, direct mail pieces, printed marketing collateral, in house materials, etc. Has basic understanding of design, including design concepts, terminology and best practices. Must be proficient in Adobe products, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat. Must be able to create assets for web use, as well as package files for final print production correctly.
Develops design concepts based on creative briefs, creative direction, and supplied materials. Executes concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts. Executes designs within the corporate brand standards, while incorporating a level of creativity to the projects. Works closely with the Brand Manager to ensure continuity, look-and-feel, and adherence to branding standards in all of the company's visual communications.
Presents design options and rationale to other departments within the company, collaborating regularly with Marketing, Human Resources, IT and other company departments.
Assists brand manager in creating print and digital marketing pieces for the sales staff, including ads, event flyers, invitations, posters, promotional items, marketing collateral, signage, etc. Is able to take creative direction, follow instructions and execute correctly with a high level of accuracy. Must have high-level of mechanical file production skills as we have no outside production department.
Designs bi-monthly corporate newsletter, including article layout, with the inclusion of simple iconography, infographs, photos and illustrations, as needed, to communicate and provide visual interest. Creates public-facing presentations in PowerPoint incorporating a high-level of design using photography, infographs, iconography, etc. Must be able to manage multiple projects at once, with an ability to prioritize based on due dates, urgency and importance.
Maintains professional and ethical relationships with staff, patients, patient families, and other visitors.
Attends staff meetings, in-services, and all scheduled shifts.
Comprehends and follows instructions:
- Maintain attention and concentration for necessary periods.
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic).
- Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
Performs simple and repetitive tasks:
- Ask simple questions or request assistance when needed.
- Perform routine, concrete, organized activities.
- Remember locations and work procedures.
- Make decisions based on simple sensory data.
Maintains work pace appropriate to given work load:
- Perform activities on schedule, maintain regular attendance, and be punctual within specified tolerance.
- Complete normal workday and/or week, perform at a consistent pace without excessive rest periods.
Performs complex or varied tasks:
- Synthesize, coordinate and analyze data.
- Perform job requiring precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
Relates to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions:
- Can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes.
- Maintain open door policy to encourage active, empathetic listening
- Perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others
- Respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor and/or other staff member(s)
Effectively influences people on a consistent basis:
- Convince or redirect others.
- Understand the meaning of words and use them effectively.
- Interact appropriately with people which includes the provision of appropriate internal and external customer service.
Makes generalizations, evaluations or decisions without immediate supervision:
- Recognize potential hazards and observe appropriate precautions.
- Understand and remember detailed instructions.
- Make independent decisions or judgments based on sensory data or known guidelines.
Accepts and carries out responsibility for direction, control and planning:
- Set realistic goals or make plans independently of others.
- Negotiate, instruct or supervise people.
- Respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
PREFERRED DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Administrative responsibilities including project management, PM documentation, product research, pricing, quotes for brand-related projects.
Performs other duties as assigned or required.
SPECIAL SKILLS UTILIZED, EDUCATION LEVEL, TRAINING
A Bachelor's degree in Design is required.
A minimum of two years of professional experience in graphic design, with knowledge of design principles, including layout, typography, color, balance, composition, and current design trends. Photography and photo retouching is a plus.
Working knowledge of printing process, photography, illustration and typography.
Can effectively produce multiple drafts and revisions of the same project adhering to strict deadlines. Able to meet deadlines with multiple projects, flexing between projects to satisfy all stakeholders.