Since 1980 Centre for Neuro Skills (CNS) has been a leader in medical treatment, rehabilitation and disease management for people with brain injuries. CNS offers residential, inpatient, outpatient and assisted living programs. Multi-disciplinary staff work together to develop/implement personal rehabilitation plans. We trust each employee to use their life and educational experiences to promote and build strong patient programs that improve patient outcomes. We offer exciting career opportunities where staff accomplish great things with a deep sense of service. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits, paid time off, extended sick leave, medical insurance, paid holidays, and 401(k).
The Painter/Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the painted surfaces and completing basic maintenance duties in and around clinic departments and residential apartments/homes. The position will maintain the facilities in an orderly and sanitary condition. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting as well as basic maintenance. Work is full time during the weekdays. Work is performed at the residential and clinic sites and includes outside work in ambient temperatures ranging from 30 - 100 degrees F +/- 2 degrees. The residential site may be a home and/or an apartment complex which may have two stories; if two stories, the top story is accessible by one flight of stairs.
Successful maintenance of this position requires a high level of organizational skills as well as the ability to detect, identify, paint and repair the facilities. The Painter/Maintenance Assistant will use special equipment as required for each task. May use and maintain such equipment, including but not limited to ladders, scaffolding, paint brushes and supplies, and containers of paint and other substances weighing up to 50 pounds. Tools for basic maintenance tasks will also be used.
1. After assessing and receiving instructions as to the area and specific work assignment, assembles necessary supplies for transporting to the designated area. At the end of shift, returns unused supplies to the utility room, leaves trash in designated areas and equipment. Assures compliance of State, CARF and, in CA, Cal-OSHA regulations. Requires ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
2. Prepares walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, sing sandpaper, removing old paint, painting the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces, using knowledge in selecting the right material for the job.
3. Uses prior experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. Must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing the duties.
4. Will examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary.
5. Will make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures, etc.
6. Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
7. Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture.
8. Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools.
9. Apply varnish and other finishes.
10. Calculate costs and negotiate prices.
11. Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions.
12. Report safety concerns.
13. Correctly use substances which may be hazardous to self and/or others if not used according to directions. Requires ability to follow directions.
14. Performs light maintenance and minor repairs as required. Minor repairs could include the following electrical, plumbing and carpentry tasks:
A. Installation of kitchen & bath faucets, toilets, garbage disposals
B. Change out light fixtures, electrical plugs and receptacles
C. Fix door locks and cabinet locks
D. Minor repair to water lines, including cooper, PVC and
E. Minor framing and finish carpentry
15. Repairs any mechanical failures or negative conditions as observed for preparation of work order for maintenance repair.
16. Assists Maintenance/Housekeeping Supervisor as needed.
17. Receives special work assignments for maintenance and/or housekeeping. Makes repairs as needed. Uses special equipment as required for each task. May use and maintain such equipment, including but not limited to ladders, scaffolding, hand tools, dollies, and containers of cleaning solutions weighing up to 50 pounds.
18. Maintains professional and ethical relationships with staff, patients, patient families, and other visitors.
19. Comprehends and follow instructions:
A. Maintain attention and concentration for necessary periods.
B. Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions
(written, oral or diagrammatic).
C. Adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of
set limits, tolerances or standards
20. Performs simple and repetitive tasks:
A. Asks simple questions or request assistance when needed.
B. Perform routine, concrete, organized activities
C. Remember locations and work procedures
D. Makes decisions based on simple sensory data
21. Maintains work pace appropriate to given work load:
A. Perform activities on schedule, maintain regular
attendance, and be punctual within specified tolerance
B. Complete normal workday and/or week, perform at a
consistent pace without excessive rest periods
22. Performs complex or varied tasks:
A. Synthesize, coordinate and analyze data
B. Perform job requiring precise attainment of set limits,
tolerances or standards
23. Relates to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions:
A. Can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes
B. Maintain open door policy to encourage active, empathetic listening
C. Perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others
D. Respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor and/or other staff member(s)
24. Effectively influences people on a consistent basis:
A Convince or redirect others
B. Understand the meaning of words and use them effectively
C. Interact appropriately with people which includes the provision of appropriate internal and external customer service
25. Performs other duties as assigned
SPECIAL SKILLS UTILIZED, EDUCATION LEVEL, TRAINING
1. High school graduation or G.E.D. required. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. At least two years of painting experience is preferred.
3. Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix, and apply them.
4. Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques.
5. Basic maintenance skills for minor repairs of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
6. Good basic math skills.
7. Conscientious with great attention to detail.