Custodian - Lake Jesup
The Custodian position maintains the cleanliness of a toll facility by performing routine maintenance and custodial duties. The Custodian is essentially in an outdoor work environment, subject to weather conditions. Crossing traffic lanes safely requires good mobility, vision and hearing to be alert to traffic conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for the cleanliness of the interior of the toll facility administrative building, tunnels and tunnel stairs, toll booths and remote ramp locations including sweeping, mopping and waxing of floors, emptying wastebaskets, dust and polish furniture, clean windows, clean and stock restroom facilities.
· Responsible for keeping parking areas, lanes, and lawns free of trash. Must collect and load trash in appropriate waste receptacles.
· Must understand, operate push mobile, pressure cleaner and other equipment properly.
· May be required to mow lawn, rake leaves, trim hedges and other yard work as directed.
· Speak and understand English proficiently to effectively communicate with motorists and respond to inquiries in a courteous, professional and helpful manner.
· Perform related work as required by manager or supervisor.
· A minimum of one year janitorial or maintenance experience.
· Possess and maintain a current/valid Florida driver’s license.
· Availability to work weekend hours based on business needs.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds, while following proper safety and lifting procedures.
· Ability to safely walk across toll lanes while carrying work related items
· Ability to climb and descend tunnel stairs while carrying up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to walk long distances.
· Effective communication skills.
· Ability to perform routine maintenance duties.
· Ability to operate push mobile, pressure washers, lawn maintenance equipment and other power tools.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to maintain the cleanliness of a toll facility.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to safely use and mix chemicals used in toll facilities.
Final candidates for this position will need to successfully complete drug screening and a background investigation, which may include a criminal and credit check along with DMV.