This position may perform a full range of bakery activities. Helpers shall specifically be permitted to do base icing of undecorated product of all types, finishing, wrapping and packing of product of all types, as well as baking of product of all types and other tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished. There are many necessary activities to satisfy any of the following performance guidelines.
- Greet and provide assistance to customers. Model the Lund Food Holdings customer service standards at all time
- Maximize product sales by telling customers about products, offering samples and suggestions for use, preparation and menu ideas
- Prepare product for self-service sale by wrapping, weighing, and pricing in accordance with department specifications.
- Assure that all stock is maintained at the appropriate level by restocking cases and shelves as needed to assure that adequate inventory levels of each product are displayed to avoid lost sales from product shortages
- Follow stock rotation guidelines to assure that distressed and close dated product is removed from the sales floor at the appropriate time to maximize product freshness and quality for our customers.
- Follow all food safety guidelines including hand washing, sanitizing, cooling, heating, and storing of product to guard against contamination and assure that all products are safe for consumption.
- Follow all safety guidelines to ensure that safe work practices are used at all times and to ensure that a safe working and shopping environment is maintained at all times.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area including sales floor and backroom areas that are free from debris and clutter with clean floors, cases, shelves, glass, clean and organized coolers and/or storage areas, and clean and/or sanitized equipment and/or tools as appropriate for the area.
- Maintain pricing integrity by ensuring that products are labeled and priced correctly and errors that do occur are immediately brought to the attention of the manager and corrected.
- Follow prescribed merchandising guidelines to assure that product is presented in the most desirable way to maximize appearance, presentation, and sales.
- Assist in receiving product deliveries, providing an accurate accounting of quantities and items received to assure that receiving records reflect an accurate accounting of goods delivered.
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Licensing Required: none
3. Experience: Prefer some prior decorating experience.
4. Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of basic food safety guidelines.
- Must be able to read, spell and follow complicated instructions and have an artistic ability with color sense to produce beautiful and appealing cake decorations. Customer service and team relations skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people, complete tasks promptly and accurately.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English