Mental Health Practitioner - Therapy (11259)
Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota is innovative in ways to serve the behavioral health needs of children, youth, and families; people with disabilities; older adults and military veterans. If you want an ALIVE Workplace and a career that challenges, energizes, and rewards you, consider joining us!
A Day in the Life:
- As a Mental Health Practitioner, your work will vary from day-to-day. You will almost certainly spend several hours with client families and individuals, providing individual, partner, family, and group therapy to improve the quality of life for individuals and families
- You will have the opportunity to review your cases with your peers and supervisor in the form of clinical staff meetings
- You will frequently provide services to individuals representing a broad range of mental health symptoms and associated functional impairments concerns
- You will enjoy opportunities to improve your credentials by attending Minnesota Department of Health-sponsored training
- With our flexible schedule, you will always have of time to complete required documentation, reports, Treatment Plans or evaluations
A Career at LSS might be for You if:
- You want to improve the quality of individual and family lives
- You enjoy serving those with a broad range of behavioral health symptoms
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a high degree of autonomy in your work
- You like developing treatment plans and diagnostic assessments
- You are detail oriented in documentation, record keeping, and enjoy participating in meetings/trainings
What We Offer You:
- Control over your own schedule—while still meeting client needs
- An excellent benefits package (medical, dental, life, vision, 403(b) plan with a match, wellness program, possible student loan forgiveness)
- An employee loan program
- Free supervision toward
syour professional license in Social Work, Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy, as well as training and professional development so you can maintain state-of- the-art behavior health standards!
- An ALIVE Workplace that is Supportive, Positive, healthy and Fun!
- A diverse workplace
- An outstanding reputation
What You Need:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy
- License-eligibility as a Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW), Licensed Associate Marriage Family Therapist (LAMFT) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) licensure.
- Must adhere to licensure ethics and regulations. In-service training/education is required to maintain licensure.
- Experience with and knowledge of the most current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) categories representing the range of mental health disorders.
- Working knowledge and experience in providing therapeutic interventions and therapy approaches considered as the best practice of treating the presenting concern.
- A valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and a Motor Vehicle Check.
- Successfully complete the requirements of a background check.
- Able to assess and treat the mental health of clients.
- Must have the following skills: organizational, decision making, critical thinking, analytical, coaching, leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal effectiveness, accountability and the ability to demonstrate professional boundaries.
Lutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
LSS employees have deeply meaningful work that changes lives, the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and abundant and balanced lives.