Service Coordinator (11510)
Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social service organization serving children, youth and families, people with disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and rewards employees. Consider joining us!
This position has a hiring range of $13.93 - $19.90.
As a Service Coordinator you will provide professional support to individuals enrolled in the Consumer Directed Community Support (CDCS) programs, provide information and support to families regarding program policies, procedures, allowable waiver expenses and employment related functions (staff training, wage and hour compliance) and process paper/electronic records to facilitate efficient program operations and meet internal deadlines for payroll and expenses. You will manage client participation and budgets to ensure all payroll and expense expenditures made by Partners in Community Supports (PICS) to clients are approved by the county and are billable to the State of MN and health plans, interact with county case managers, flexible case managers and other provider agencies as needed to ensure smooth service delivery and function as a first point of contact for county staff, clients and employees in the areas of human resources, service agreements, support plan and individual client budgets. You will process new client intakes and current client renewals, meeting with the families at their home or another designated location, and provide high quality customer service at all times, including the prompt return of phone calls, emails, and requests. In this role you will also assist in the development of program policies and procedures, help to write articles for the quarterly program newsletters and prepare presentations to be used for public use in promoting the program.
- Four year college degree; social services coursework is desired.
- A minimum of two years of training and experience working with people with disabilities and their families and experience in a waivered service program coordination/management.
- Knowledge of consumer directed services and the resources and support available to clients is desired.
- A valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and a Motor Vehicle Check. Must be able to travel locally to meet with families.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new software.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency working with numbers.
- Ability to be well organized, detail oriented and perform a variety of on-going tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
- Able to write policies/articles/presentations for public use.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the community.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret Department of Human Services’ policies and regulations as well as applicable state and federal laws related to service delivery under Consumer Directed Community Supports (CDCS).
Lutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
LSS employees have deeply meaningful work that changes lives, the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and abundant and balanced lives.