Sr Youth Worker (11511)
Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social service organization serving children, youth and families, people with disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and rewards employees. Consider joining us!
Must be at least 21 years of age or older to apply. Starting wage of $13.51/hr. Every other weekend is required. Various shifts totaling .70 FTE - 3 shifts 1 week, 4 the next week.
As a Senior Youth Worker you will provide supervision, guidance, care and safety to at-risk youth residing in a in a shelter or transitional living setting. You will be responsible to fully support youth in conjunction with the wider staff team as youth implement their individualized goals.You will facilitate groups to residents, including independent living skills, anger management, self-care, etc., coordinate community activities involving residents and transport residents to community events, appointments and outings. You will also be responsible for various household duties and the upkeep of the facility.You will be required to maintain documentation, perform record keeping and participate in periodic meetings/training.
- Post-secondary education is desired.
- Experience with homeless and/or at risk youth.
- A valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and a Motor Vehicle Check.
- Successfully meet the requirements of a background check.
- Effective working knowledge of adolescent and child development and practice of harm reduction, positive youth development and trauma-informed care.
- CPR/First Aid certification and medication administration training is desired; may be obtained after hire.
Lutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
LSS employees have deeply meaningful work that changes lives, the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and abundant and balanced lives.