In-Home DSP (11517)
Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social service organization serving children, youth and families, people with disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and rewards employees. Consider joining us!
This position is in the Roseville area: Working with a female with spinal cord injury. Assisting with personal cares and medical treatments. Hours available include: Saturday 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm; Tuesday 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm; Friday 6:30 am - 9:30 am and 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm; and every other Sunday 7:00 am - 10:00 am.
As an In Home Support Professional you will provide guidance, encouragement, support, comfort, security and safety through relationship building and direct interaction to individuals with disabilities. You will support individuals in their homes or within their community and assist in the development and monitoring of their individual plans, hopes and dreams. You will support individuals in developing their essential living skills by maintaining/increasing their independence. You will be required to maintain documentation, perform record keeping and participate in periodic meetings/training in accordance with regulations. Most importantly you will need to have the advocacy skills that are expected of all staff that work for Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota.
- A valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and a Motor Vehicle Check.
- Successfully meet the requirements of a background check.
- Successful completion of medication administration training.
- Computer and math skills.
- Able to read, write, solve problems and the ability to accept/follow through with directions.
- Good decision making skills and able to respond to any emergency situation that may arise.
- Able to recognize boundaries and exhibit patience, self-control and flexibility.
- CPR/First Aid certification is preferred; may be obtained after hire.
Lutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
LSS employees have deeply meaningful work that changes lives, the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and abundant and balanced lives.