Under the direction of the Director of Store Merchandising/Presentation and the Store Manager, the Field Merchandiser performs a range of duties to meet the needs of home base store, new/remodel locations or existing stores as directed. Primary responsibilities include: merchandising of the front of the store to company direction which would include the Power Lane, End Caps, Tables and bulk positions as well as all designated yellow space. Other duties include dismantling and setting of store fixtures and merchandising assignments within the body of the store as directed by the Director of Store Merchandising/Presentation or Store Manager with corporate approval.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protection of company assets
- Proper assembly of all fixtures and signing required for all new and remodel stores.
- Assist in the processing and merchandising of warehouse shipments to the sales floor.
- Implement the merchandise plan for new and remodel stores that provide the space and adjacency needed for every merchandise category.
- Completion of merchandising assignments each day.
- Implementation of all plan-o-grams, plan-o-guides and visuals as assigned.
- Support associate training in merchandising
- Uphold all safety and maintenance standards for the store including the use of protective wear (gloves/sleeves) when case cutting.
- Participation in the merchandising of the entire store
- Understand and utilize reports (Top 40, Best Seller list, ad battle plan etc.)
- Ensure all OSJL customers receive the best possible service on the sales floor.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with store associates, store management and Field Supervisors
Qualified applicant must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation. Qualified applicant must be able to set and operate a ticket gun, cut case merchandise, lift merchandise weighing up to 35 pounds, sign merchandise, display product on shelves and on the sales floor up to a maximum of 8 feet, and climb up and down ladders. Qualified applicant also must offer flexibility in scheduling to meet business needs. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform these duties.
- Valid Driver's License
Training and experience:
Prior retail management experience in merchandising and operations preferred.
- Functions independently as well as in a team
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Store fixture and equipment knowledge.
- Space planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- General knowledge of merchandising planning and presentation
- Ability to arrange merchandise to create dynamic displays
- Must be able to speak and comprehend English. Secondary language a plus
- Ability to travel using personal transportation