Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. Maintain and operate the Bakery Department in an efficient manner within Company Policy. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Bakery Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations including full compliance with all applicable laws pertaining to safety, health, and packaging requirements.
• Must wear approved hat or hair net.
• Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise. Check and verify grocery receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered. Check products for quality, count, and condition.
• Keep all bakery ingredients or merchandise rotated in accordance with Company Policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
• Control freshness by coding all product and pulling out-of-code merchandise daily.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Take stock to storage or shelf areas.
• Answer phones and take special orders.
• Reduce out-of-code merchandise daily for quick sale to maintain department’s image for the highest quality and freshness.
• Wrap, package, and price all product accurately and legibly in accordance with established Department Procedures and Guidelines.
• Decorate cakes using the precise measurements and scales as set by Bakery Supervision
• Decorate cakes to customer specifications and prepare them on time for customer pick up as
• Keep manager or other designated personnel aware of low inventory conditions or excessive spoilage problems.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all counter duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 40lbs, and push/pull 200lbs
• Repetitive Action - Process merchandise, prepare and wrap bakery related product, proof dough products, bake breads, cookies and pies, stock and rotate display case, unload deliveries, operate and clean all bakery equipment and tools.
• Working Conditions - Inside, Cold, Hot
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, hot equipment surfaces, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Fryer, ovens, bread slicer, kitchen utensils, scales, mixers, shrink film wrapper, roller racks, pricing gun, compactor, water hose, cake machine.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.