Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. Operate a cash register and checkstand to provide the store’s customers with the most accurate and efficient checkout service possible. Perform stocking and other duties as assigned, depending upon the amount of time available, business volume, and other criteria according to established Company Policy. Ensure that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
• Be qualified, knowledgeable, able and prepared to perform all of the duties of an experienced cashier when told to do so.
• Clean check stands daily.
• Input or record the purchases of a customer into a cash register (by use of keyboard or scanning system) efficiently and accurately.
• Be knowledgeable in and able to recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce and merchandise carried in the store including differences between varieties of similar classes of products.
• Assist customers with bulk products that they may have difficulty in handling.
• Collect money in the form of cash or checks from customers and tender accurate change in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
• Process all of the various types of sales transactions accepted by the store including but not necessarily limited to cash, checks, EFT transactions, WIC coupons, Food Stamps, manufacturers’ coupons, gift certificates, etc. in strict accordance with established Company Policies and Procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements or regulations governing same.
• Bag or package merchandise according to established Company Policies and Procedures.
• Stock merchandise in assigned sections.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all front end duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet and thank all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 40 lbs, and push/pull 200lb
• Repetitive Action - Scan products through cash register, counting and handling money, checks and coupons, packing customer’s purchases, cleaning register area.
• Working Conditions - Inside
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Cash register, paper/plastic bags, shopping carts
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.