Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. Maintain and operate the Cheese Department in an efficient manner within Company Policy. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Cheese Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
• Must wear an approved hat or hair net.
• Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise. Check and verify grocery receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered. Check products for quality, count, and condition.
• Take stock to storage or shelf areas.
• Open cartons and process, price, display, store or break down items according to established Procedures and Policies.
• Keep Manager or other designated personnel aware of low inventory conditions or spoilage problems.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Assist in preparation of food products.
• Wait on customers including slicing, cutting, weighing, packaging, and pricing merchandise.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet and thank all customers and provide them with prompt and highly friendly, courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 40 lbs, and push/pull 200 lbs
• Repetitive Action - Prepare, wrap, weigh and price cheeses and other cheese shop related products, stock and rotate display cases, unload deliveries, clean all cheese shop equipment.
• Working Conditions - Inside, Cold
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, fumes, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Cheese knives, knives, wrapper, scale, pricing gun, compactor
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.