Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. Maintain and operate the Produce Department including the trimming and preparation of produce merchandise according to Company and Department standards. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Produce Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
• Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating, trimming, storing, price marking, and restocking products to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation.
• Price and display product in cases as directed by the Department Manager.
• Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between all of the various types of produce merchandise including taste, preparation method or use, and price differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g. different types of apples, potatoes, etc.).
• Assist in checking and verifying Produce Department receiving when required.
• Take received and prepared products to refrigerated storage, shelf, and display areas.
• Control department expenses and utilize energy conservation practices.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all front end duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and highly friendly, courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 40 lbs, and push/pull 200lbs
• Repetitive Action - Stock product ensuring proper grading, rotation, crisping, watering, clean display areas while restocking, unload deliveries
• Working Conditions - Inside, Cold
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Box cutters, knives, wrapper, scale, pineapple corer machine, pricing gun, crate opener, compactor, pallet jack, power jack, pressure washer
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.