Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. Prepare Meat-related products in the variety, size, and trim prescribed by Company and Department standards. Ensure that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Observe all store rules and Company policies.
• Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
• Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
• Must wear approved hat or hair net.
• Follow approved procedures for receiving, weighing, processing and breaking down/cutting meat products.
• Price and display product in cases as directed by the Department Manager.
• Assist in wrapping and labeling product as required.
• Assist in checking and verifying Meat Department receiving when required.
• Take received and prepared products to refrigerated storage, shelf, and display areas.
• Control Department expenses and utilize energy conservation practices.
• Contribute to controlling freshness and product quality.
• Observe all Policies and Procedures established for the department.
• Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
• Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all Departmental duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
• Physical Demands - Standing, walking, reaching, bending, twisting, ability to carry/lift 50 lbs, and push/pull 400 lbs
• Repetitive Action - Unload meat deliveries, stock, rotate and block merchandise in all meat cases, keep department organized and clean, operate and clean equipment and tools.
• Working Conditions - Inside, Cold
• Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment.
• Machines, Tools, Equipment - Grinder, meat wrapper, needle machine, cuber, pallet jack, power jack, pressure washer, band saw, knives, pricing gun, scale, compactor
Education and/or Experience:
• High school education preferred but not required.
• Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.