Meat/Seafood Team Member
Learn about the food we sell. Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other team members to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, perform other duties as assigned. Maintain and operate the Department in an efficient manner within Company Policy. Ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Observe all store rules and Company Policies.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and observe Company dress code.
- Must wear an approved hat or hair net, if required.
- Observe shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Section Lead or Manager.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise. Check and verify department receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered. Check products for proper temperature, quality, count, and condition.
- Take stock to appropriate areas.
- Stock, price, cut, prepare and cook food as job requires.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining inventory control.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company Policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Assist customers in retrieving items from inaccessible areas or in obtaining products that are either located in the back room or that they may have difficulty in handling.
- Comply fully with all Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Perform all duties according to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and highly friendly, courteous service or assistance.
- Physical Demands - Standing, walking, carrying, lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, talking, seeing, hearing, smelling, ability to lift 50lbs, push/pull 200 lbs.
- Repetitive Action - Pricing with marking gun, opening cases using safety cutter, stocking product on shelves and displays
- Working Conditions - Inside, outside, cold,
- Safety Risk Factors - Twisting, slippery floor surfaces, cluttered floor surfaces, toxic exposure, nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, hazardous cleaning solutions, operation of department equipment
- Machines, Tools, Equipment - Food processor, grill, slicer, warmer, fryer, smoker, ovens, knives, kitchen utensils, electric scales, mixer, shrink film wrapper, power jack, pressure washer, pricing guns, safety cutter, transport dolly, trash compactor, as required by department.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school education preferred but not required.
- Successful completion of a training program or equivalent combination of education and experience